Big Idea: Gratitude
Essential Question: How one we show gratitude to the people in our lives?
Challenge: Demonstrate Gratitude!
Sample Guiding Questions
- What is gratitude?
- What is the opposite of gratitude?
- Why show gratitude?
- Who do I care for?
- Who cares for me?
- How do they demonstrate caring?
- Is there a science of gratitude?
- What happens when we show gratitude?
- Where do we see examples of gratitude?
- etc. . .
Sample Guiding Activites
- Look up the definition of gratitude and translate it into language that you understand.
- Research the social impact of gratitude and cost of ingratitude.
- Create a gratitude scale
- Create a map of all your friends and family and describe how you care for each other.
- Describe (words, art, music) what gratitude looks like.
- Keep a journal of your daily interactions and where you see gratitude.
- Research the science of gratitude
- Explore gratitude in literature.
- etc . . .
Sample Guiding Resources
- Being grateful is beyond good manners: Gratitude and motivation to contribute to society among early adolescents
- How to Foster Gratitude in Schools
- World Gratitude Map
- TedTalk What to Be Happy? Be Grateful Brother David Steindl-Rast
- Gratitude in Literature
- etc . . .