To support the mission of the Challenge Institute and facilitate the expansion of Challenge Based Learning we are looking for qualified individuals to join us as Challenge Institute Mentors. The Mentors will take a leadership role in shaping the direction and growth of the Challenge Institute and Challenge Based Learning, be provided with opportunities to deliver consulting and professional learning services, and opportunities to publish and present.
Ideal candidates will have experience with challenge-based and other inquiry-based learning approaches and experience providing professional learning and coaching. Most important is an openness to learn and explore.
- Experience implementing challenge-based or a similar inquiry-based learning process
- A passion for challenges an openness to learn about CBL
- Acquisition of a CBL micro-credential
- Participation in a webinar on CBL updates
- Attendance at a face to face event
- Option 1 ISTE World Class Learners pre-workshop (June 24, 8:30–11:30 am CDT, ISTE Registration Required )
- Option 2 Post ISTE workshop (4 – 6 pm June 27th, https://1871.com, Chicago, IL)
- Option 3 DP Challenge Institute (July 9 – 11, Monterey, CA, Registration required)
- Option 4 Shadow another guide
Expectation for Challenge Mentors
- Active advocacy for the Challenge Institute and CBL
- Active participation in the CI virtual professional learning community
- Two virtual update and planning meetings a year
- Availability for paid consulting and professional development engagements
- Willingness to develop content for, and publish about Challenges and CBL.
- Acknowledgement as Challenge Institute Guide.
- Listing in the CI site as a certified Challenge Institute Guide.
- The opportunity for paid consulting, coaching and professional learning engagements through Digital Promise.
- A web badge and email signature.
- Ongoing professional development and access to other CBL leaders.
- Opportunity to impact future directions of the Institute and CBL.