Our future depends on innovation and science drives innovation. But, research shows we are failing to keep a majority of students interested in math and science. We must increase engagement, build excitement and help students understand the importance of science. CERN challenges parents, teachers, and students to find innovative ways to make science matter!
Big Idea: Science
The Essential Question: How do we build excitement about science?
Challenge: Make Science Matter!
Example Guiding Questions
1. Why does science matter?
2. Why do so many students lose interest in science and math?
3. Who is making science interesting?
Example Guiding Activities
1. Study the impact of science on history.
2. Interview students on their experiences with science in schools.
3. Examine different approaches to learning about science.